Troubleshoot Pairing Errors
If you are using a phone with Android version 6.0 and above, and you are getting frustrated for not being able to pair your activity tracker with the Actxa app, you have come to the right place. Read and follow the detailed troubleshooting instructions below to resolve your issue.
Do not attempt to pair Actxa’s activity trackers or smart scale with your phone’s bluetooth settings. Only pair your device through the Actxa app when prompted. Just make sure your Bluetooth function is enabled.
If you are using a phone with Android version 6.0 and above, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) scanning will only work if Location services are enabled.
1. Go to your phone’s ‘Settings‘ > Choose ‘Advanced Settings‘ > Choose ‘Location Access‘ > enable the ‘Access my Location‘ function.
2. Go back to the main ‘Settings‘ > Choose ‘Application Manager‘ or ‘Apps‘ > Choose ‘Actxa‘ > Choose ‘Permissions‘.
3. Enable both ‘Your Location‘ and ‘Storage‘.
As the Bluetooth Cache may have cached unsuccessful pairing data or have been unstable, it will be advisable to clear your Bluetooth Cache as well.
1. If the Actxa App has been running in the background, please remove the app from the background.
2. Go to ‘Settings‘ > ‘Connections‘ > ‘Bluetooth‘. If the Actxa activity tracker is listed under the paired devices, unpair it. Then, disable your bluetooth.
3. Go to your mobile phone’s ‘Settings‘ > Tap ‘Application Manager‘ or ‘Apps’ > Tap ‘Menu‘ or additional settings > Tap ‘Show System Processes” or ‘Show System Apps‘. Note: The naming of these functions may be different for different Android devices.
4. In the list of apps, find ‘Bluetooth Share‘ or ‘Bluetooth‘ > Tap ‘Force Stop‘ > Tap ‘Storage‘. Note: The naming may be different for different Android devices.
5. Tap ‘Clear Data‘ and ‘Clear Cache‘. Ensure that the values turned to ‘0.00’.
6. Then, restart your phone.
7. When your phone is completely started, enable your bluetooth connection. Then, launch the Actxa app.
8. Log in to your Actxa account and continue with the pairing process.
If doing the above steps does not work, we would need more details regarding the problems you have faced to investigate further. Thus, we will need a diagnostic report sent via the Actxa app.
1. Remove the Actxa app from the background. Then launch the app again and at the landing page, tap ‘Need Help‘.
2. Complete the form and tap ‘Send‘.
By sending a report through the app, our technical team will be able to see the background logs to assist you further. This is different from sending us a message through the contact form on our website.
We sincerely hope that the above steps will resolve your pairing issue. For any further enquiries, feel free to drop us an enquiry through the contact form below.